Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Designated Survivor by J.C. Gatlin

My Rating: 4/5 Stars
Visit the Author: Website
Buy the book: Amazon

About The Designated Survivor:
An Unreasonable Hitchhiker. 
An Unstable Widower. 
An Unpredictable Journey.

Having just escaped from inmate work detail, Tess is on the run and has one goal: get her daughter back. So, hitching a ride to Sarasota, where her daughter is staying, seemed like a good idea at first. That is until she realized her Good Samaritan is clearly suffering from the recent loss of his wife. 

As the miles go by and they get closer to Sarasota, she comes to suspect that this crazy widower may in fact be a murderer and they're transporting a body in the trunk of his car. With the police hot on their trail, Tess isn't about to let a little murder stand between her and her daughter -- no matter how many bodies start piling up.
My Review:
This short novella has enough action packed suspense to fill a full-length novel and I found it to be a very entertaining read. The Designated Survivor is certainly... different, and I don't mean that in a bad way. I felt like I'd never read something quite like it and I was delighted to find it a very entertaining story. The twists and turns had me on edge and I easily read this book in one setting. 
Tess is on the run after escaping from prison and hitches a ride from a not-quite-right man who is convinced she's his(dead) wife. That's crazy enough, not to mention the urn in the passenger seat and the body in the trunk. Yes, Tess is in for one crazy ride, and I was happy to ride--er, read along. I recommend for any fan of a quick, suspenseful read that's a little on the quirky side! 
*I received this book for review from the author, however, this in no way affected my opinion as expressed in this review*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please, let me know what you thought about this post. :)